The worst feeling in the world is knowing that you accidentally hurt someone you care about. The second worst feeling is knowing that they no longer care. The third is knowing that they haven’t cared for a very long time.
Yep. Made a pretty large decision today that I’m still not sure was the absolute best one, but I’m going to trust myself and believe that I made the correct choice.
Whoever this is should tell me who they are, I mean I have an idea but I’d always like to know
Since the Red Wedding is now over, my money is on the final shot of this season of Game of Thrones being the reveal of Lady Stoneheart as a character.
Also, I love how much the show has been teasing who Iwan Rheon’s “Boy” actually is this entire season. I wonder how many people who haven’t read the books have picked up on who he is yet?
Seems likely to be fake, but it’s still an interesting and entertaining look at Creationism in schools.
all the butthurt mras please tell me how men are oppressed
bcs apparently they have it worse than women do
and i mean all women
- Having the majority of Western schools use teaching methods known to improve the learning of girls over boys.
- Teachers are willing to spend time with a struggling female student which has lead to the over diagnosis of ADHD amongst boys.
- Male infant circumcision has become routine with no medical or health benefits.
- Women have more funding for research, support, recovery and treatment for terminal illnesses in most Western hospitals.
- Women have more funding for research, support, recovery and treatment for mental illnesses in most Western hospitals.
- Women are acknowledged by law and society as a victim of rape, men are not.
- Women have more funding for support, recovery and support centres for victims of rape and abuse.
- Men are not given compensation for victimhood and any damages that come from individual circumstance, women are.
- Women get more leniency in the judicial systems including minimal chances of getting the death penalty, lighter sentencing and having downgraded charges based on circumstances, men don’t.
- By law, men who have fathered a child by being raped by the mother have to not only pay child support but have to have frequent contact with their rapists.
- Laws have been put in place in arrest men at the scene of domestic abuse before an investigation has been launched, even if he is the victim. Surprising considering women make up half the abusers.
- Women the power to refuse a parental test on any or all children before filling for child support services in the majority of Europe.
- Men are still frequently drafted before they can vote and are faced with bankruptcy, imprisonment or are stripped of rights if they don’t sign up.
- Men are still bound by their gender roles which women have had the leisure of leaving since the second-wave of feminism and are still expect to give their lives for others. It is still frequently practised during emergencies “women first” even if the woman if fine and the man is dying.
That’s without me going into the further issues that men of colour, lower-class or homeless men, gay, asexual or transgender individuals, and physically or mentally disabled men face.
Would you like me to go on?
The side that isn’t often heard.
Mary Leakey’s 100th birthday today. One of the best.
You know TV shows are good when they can make you feel real emotions simply by watching them. It seems that recently there are lots of shows that make me react in such ways, mostly leaving me with a feeling of sadness or loss, but other times making me feel super happy somehow. First, back in December, there was the midseason finale of HIMYM, which was both one of the happiest moments I’ve felt while watching a TV show (the whole Barney and Robin thing), and one of the saddest (Ted looking out at New York by himself). It probably doesn’t help that the song playing at those parts, Let Your Heart Hold Fast by Fort Atlantic, is a super fantastic song, and I’ve been listening to it a lot recently. Then, as the TV shows start to come back after the midseason break, HIMYM hits me again with another great moment. This time it was a happy, yet also mock-angry with the producers, moment when they showed Ted’s reaction to first seeing his future wife. That was pretty damn good HIMYM. Finally, tonight I was watching the most recent episode of Criminal Minds, and they just had to hit me with one of the saddest moments the show has ever had, namely the killing off of the most perfect love interest for the best character (Reid) right in front of him after only three episodes of her being on the show. Damn you Criminal Minds people, you just had to go there (but super-kudos for making me feel all of those feels!).